Skip to main content
110 Main ST, Beckley, WV 25801 | (304) 553-0756
by West Virginia Registered Agent LLC

WV Certificate of Authority Filing Service

Foreign Corporation in WV

If you are a corporation based in another state and want to transact business in West Virginia, you will need a certificate of authority. This is obtained by submitting paperwork as a foreign corporation with the Secretary of State, Corporations Division. Once filed, the state will return a completed certificate of authority to you. A West Virginia foreign corporation is not to be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in West Virginia is a foreign corporation.

We only charge for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and file the foreign WV certificate of authority form to the Corporations Division. We will also find the paperwork needed from your home state of incorporation to file your documents.

If you want to submit the paperwork yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service and the foreign corporation form is in your client account immediately. You’ll also find some tips on how to submit your paperwork with the state. You are required to have a registered agent anyway, so we try to make this a simple process for you, whether you want us to submit your papers or you want to do the filing yourself.

What Are My Next Steps?

Just sign up for our registered agent service first. Next, you can look at the form for foreign corporations in your online account and also at the included filing tips. If you decide not to fill out and submit the forms yourself, you just click the “Add services” tab from your account, and add our filing services for the state filing fees plus $100. Your account shows real time status of our work in progress. Once we are done with your foreign corporation registration, we always upload the filing to your client account, email you a copy, and send you the original filed documents by mail.